Android 7.0 Nougat Fusion tells you all you need to know
Google has finally rolled out Preview 5 of Android 7.0 termed as “Nougat”. It is meant for use specifically to allow developers test mobile apps on this newest Android OS. With this preview, Google is all set to make a clean sweep, by introducing all final APIs with the release. In addition, the release will see the almost ready system updates, which will support all the devices.
What does Android N Developer Preview have in store?
Android N Developer Preview, featuring bindings to final APIs of the Android N SDK. The new version includes several exciting features including multi-window UI, direct reply notifications, advanced memory and power optimizations, and more for developers to integrate into their applications.
We, being a leading Android mobile application development company, were keen to know what the preview had in store, and this is what we found out:
- A range of images for Google Nexus series of phones that includes both Sony Experia Z3 and Android One.
- An emulator helping in full and final testing, through which developers confirm the readiness.
- Final APIs, letting developers have a glimpse of actual UI and behavior.
- Address optimization of software and latest bug fixes, giving way for developers to test all the changes in system behavior, before the actual OS release. Important changes include permissions modifications, screen zooming, optimizing background, and Doze on the Go.
As of now, Android N is available for devices like Pixel C devices, Nexus 9, Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6, and other general 4G devices.
Fusion prepares you before installing Nougat on your device
Before downloading Nougat on your device, remember that this is a final developer preview, not meant for users, but for developers. Therefore, it does not come as a surprise to find bugs or errors still existing in the system. You do have some features working well, but then others might accompany issues. If you are looking for a highly reliable and smooth working, then it is better to wait for the final release with complete set of working features.
Meanwhile, what things to consider if you are a developer, and want to get the taste of OS in its prerelease stage?
- Get yourself a Sony Zperia Z3 device, a latest Nexus device, or a Pixel C device, loaded with this operating system.
- Take a backup even before you start. You might encounter bugs or errors anytime. Having a backup will ensure you to restore default version with ease and that too quickly.
- Enable the built-in backup feature already present with the device. Check the options ‘Automatic Restore’, and ‘Backup My Data’ to enable state. Backing up videos and photos should be done by getting your smartphone connected to PC.
“This is how you should download Nougat” says Fusion
Now since you have your backup in place, it is time now to download Android N 7.0. By checking out Android Nougat Developer Preview details, you can have a glimpse of what to expect.
- Once you are through with the understanding, it is time now to visit the Android Beta Program website, and using your login details to sign in.
- After you have signed in, scan the list of devices supporting Nougat. If you want to enroll your device, click “Enroll Device” button.
- As soon as you have enrolled the device, start-getting updates related to Android 7.0 Nougat, same as getting current OS updates.
Update things manually by installing and downloading the system image for Android 7.0 N. This is not only a risky complicated process, but also updates happen manually rather than being automatic. It might not be the best option to follow, however if you still want it then just follow the instructions right here.
Restoring original version is an easier choice
Moving back to the original Android OS version, is very easy. In fact, it is almost same as enrolling, with the only difference that you need to click “Unenroll Device”. Once executed, you will receive an update on your device. After the update downloaded and installed, Android 7.0 Nougat will be uninstalled, while restoring the original Android version. Ensure that you have full backup of all user data, before doing this.
Some final words from Fusion
As an Android mobile application development company, we have been instrumental in creating apps for all the Android OS generations. Android Nougat brings quite new things to explore, but since in the pre-release phase, it is difficult to make any assumptions.
The developer’s preview seems promising, specifically when it comes to apps, as we will be able to create apps that enables VR seamless integration, save a great deal through battery optimization, taking full advantage of watching videos with PIP mode, incorporating enhanced notifications updates, and finally the apps gaining security with virus scanning taking place when device boots.
You may be interested
How is Artificial Intelligent Chatbot’s Allowing Better Business Achievement?Sreenivas T - Oct 17, 2018
Artificial Intelligence = ROI + Customer Experience Companies providing good customer services are always placed in the top and but…
Top 10 Best Blockchain Development Companies in IndiaSreenivas T - Oct 12, 2018
The Blockchain technology grows deeply by remodeling the business rule to a distinct level. Blockchain technology has been applied over…
How Blockchain Technology is Revolutionizing the Procurement IndustrySreenivas T - Oct 09, 2018
The consumer needs are increasing continuously in daily life where the supply chain has become strong and flexible at the…