Bus Booking – Case Study
The client is into the business of managing taxi providers, operators in small cities/towns pan India, and connecting them with the customers in the travel and transportation business.
Brand: Modheshwari Travels
Industry: Travel and Tourism
Core Platform : Mobile | Android | iPhone
Programming Language: PHP, Android Java, Swift C, REST
Framework: YII 2.x, Swift C
Daily commuters, Individual, Executives
Across Gujarat, Rajasthan, Maharashtra, West Bengal, UP, India, and Nepal.
- Providing safe and confirm ride to local commuters in metro and heavy traffic, compared to traditional facilities.
- Create the platform that provides a franchisee network across various states which does not require additional investment into its IT part.
- Develop 3rd party googles APIs that consume as less as possible.
- Reduce per trip costs.
- The results need to as close as uber and ola applications.
After analyzing the client’s requirements, we understood that they were feasible and can be provided with our team of experts.
The steps we took to understand the client business, clients target audience, problem, and challenges the client was facing, the goals they need to achieve were that in an initial analysis the company was facing the challenge of providing safe and confirm ride to local commuters in metro and heavy traffic, compared to traditional facilities, and hence there was a need to create the platform that provides such services, so we developed an application that can set up a franchisee network across various states which does not require additional investment into its IT part and can automate various operations to drive efficiency in its business.
Before the actual project started the documentation we collected to ensure we are building the right application were:
- Design documents
- Sample Data
- Provide a market place for cabs and enhance the reach.
- Provide efficient service at affordable rates.
- Plan for the growth of the company.
- To launch an Application like Uber / Ola for Tier 2 Cities.
- Establish a franchise business for the Cab Service in various cities.
- Bring transparency in its business.
- Organize and automate its processes.
- Track driver
- Trip histories
- Credit wallet
- Refer and earn
- Trip histories
- Earning reports
- Street pickup
- Accept/Reject Assigned trip
- Masters for Vehicles
- Prices management
- Surge management
- Booking & Operator map
- Franchisee management
- Earning and account reports
- Configurations & MIS reports
Backoffice/Content Management :
- Trip Bookings
- Free rides based on references and earn
- Street Pickup
- Trip tracking
- Optimized route management approach.
- Per trip, google APIs consumption is optimized.
- Street pickup (just like raise a hand and start a trip without prior booking)
Key Takeaways and Learnings
Optimizing the route management approach with minimal consumption google direction APIs works differently
Growth Of Sales
- The company has witnessed a growth of over 40%in its sales by launching the platform for its transport services.
- The company has implemented a monitoring system in its operations.
- Company’s productivity has been increased substantially.