B2B Ecommerce - Case Study
Snapzo is an online B2B retail marketplace where the client connects retailers directly to the brands. The buyers can get the best margins & also an insight into the trending products & discount offers. The company relieves every retailer by providing time-saving services like faster delivery & instant customer support. Snapzo has a mission to create an e-marketplace for retailers through innovative supply chain & companionable technology.
Core Platform Mobile | Android
Programming Language: PHP, Android Java, REST
Framework: YII 2.x,
Across Bangalore and entire India
- Multiple issues of shop owners and retailers related to delivery time, quality, etc.
- Dynamism in the range and brands.
- Ever-evolving customer behavior.
- Lack of communication between retailers, wholesalers, and company.
- Predicting future needs to ensure scalability.
- Ensuring business rules and route optimization in the budget as Google direction was not permissible in the initial development.
The client requirements were feasible. The initial requirements were less in terms of functionalities; however, they wanted fast and scalable development as well as a deployment environment.
Firstly we understood the client’s business, their target audience, problems, and challenges which helped us to understand that the small shop owners, retailers were not getting a good price to sell the product to their customers, also they were required to keep a huge inventory unnecessarily. The retailers were not getting a fresh product as well. To solve this problem, the idea of developing a B2B marketplace was evolved wherein small retailers can identify the best price and place an order, product owner/admin can see those order, and they were procured from direct farmers/distributor and deliver to this retailers on time at affordable rates.
Before the actual project started the documentation we collected to ensure we are building the right application were:
- Design documents
- Sample Data/Physical Printed Forms of current manual process
- Bridging the gap between small Kirana stores, hotels, and other FMCG product buyers and Sole Distributor / Wholesaler/Manufactures.
- Augment the communication process and enhance competitiveness.
- Facilitate on-time deliveries to the buyers to increase the overall effectiveness and efficient rates.
- Streamlining the communication between buyers and wholesalers/manufacturers.
- Build a unified marketplace for FMCG and Cater to a large number of retailers.
- Gain business visibility and transparency.
- Maintaining deliveries from Seller to Buyer in a timely and efficient way.
- Manage Products
- Manage inventory
- Manage Purchase orders
- Dispatch Orders
- Search/View products
- Book order
- View order
- Masters for Product Management
- Product Management
- Price Approval
- Manage Customer orders
- Manage Purchase orders of Manufactures
- MIS reports
Backoffice/Content Management :
- One stop purchase solution for all manufactures/brand.
- Next day delivery.
- Common platform for Retailers/Semi Wholesalers/Wholesalers.
- Optimized route management approach.
- The order cut off time for the next day’s delivery planning and purchase
Key Takeaways and Learnings
The optimized route management approach without google direction APIs was challenging to achieve.
Increase in sales
Reduction in IT Cost
- Snapzo has achieved 10K sales growth by launching the e-commerce platform for its products.
- Sales increased by 30% every month.
- The clientele base increased from 10 retailers to 100 retailers.