E Commerce – Case Study
Abdullah Al Othaim Markets Company is one of the largest company in the Kingdom and It was ranked on position no 51 among the top hundred companies in Saudi for the year of 2012 and holds more than 100 branches in the kingdom within hypermarket, supermarket, and corner, and is identified by the solid general consumer. In the year 2012, it had more than 3.5 million buyers and a business volume of more than 3.5 billion riyals.
Brand: Abdullah Al Othaim Market
Location: Saudi Arabia
Core Platform : Android
Programming Language: PHP ZEND, Android Java
General Customers , Iktissab card Users
- Introduce loyalty program for the customer.
- The client has the data into their existing ERP system, however, they wanted to implement it to their customer-facing application.
- Allowing customers to register and validate their details with the ERP system.
- Availing the loyalty points into the app.
- Allowing customers to redeem and earn loyalty points, which are to be synced with their ERP system.
- Multilingual in early 2008/2009 language support was complicated on Mobile device specially UTF8 characters.
The client’s requirements were feasible, the only challenge was to identify the high-level temperature and load sensors.
The analysis began with understanding the domain in which the project is, determining the external factors that could affect the project, understanding the stakeholders, discovering the business objectives, which further helped in evaluating the scope of the project and developing a delivery plan. We understood the complete ordering process, and what was the infrastructure involved, what is the manual and automatic process they follow. Further, we gathered requirements, prepared the scope of work, and validated with the client's existing supermarket business.
Before the actual project started we collected the following documentation to ensure we are building the right application
- Design documents
- Sample Data/existing process
- Connection with their existing HR/Employee data for login and roles management
- Bring transparency and facilitate an organized process in the client’s business.
- Stable improvement in its branches.
- Location-based services to push notifications.
- To allow users for Iktissab card with its Multi-lingual interface.
- Identity data, personal data, and buying history details and locating all the nearby branches.
- Provide a platform to their customers in the form of mobile application.
- Notify customers about offers/promotion rewards without requiring a visit to the store.
- Increase sells by promotion/offers notification to mobile app users.
- Maintaining deliveries for online orders to save their customer’s time and energy.
- Search/View products
- Book order
- Manage order
- Loyalty points/rewards through iKitsaab
- Manage stores
- Masters for Product Management
- Product Management
- Manage Customer orders
- MIS reports
Backoffice/Content Management :
- Catalog browsing
- Order management
- Store management
- iKitsaab integration
Key Takeaways and Learnings
Multilingual support in mobile was challenging, so in order to support UTF8 language, we have to capitalize on java and port its functionalities in android java
Increase in sales
Increase in new Customer
- Increase in sales by 10%
- Increase in new customer base by 20%
- Having detail insight on customer purchase pattern which helps them to focus more promo/discount and product line to increase sales.