Vegetable and Fruit Delivery - Case Study
The client is a startup company that is into the business of selling a wide range of organic and exotic vegetables, fruits, etc through its mobile app. Followed by the provision to deliver them timely. The client also fulfills the orders with the help of a delivery van, thereby providing the access of fruits and vegetables at the doorstep.
Core Platform : Mobile | Android, Android Tablet
Programming Language: PHP, Kotline, REST
Framework: YII 2.x,
3rd Party API: Bluetooth Printer SDK
Individuals, Families, Retailers
Banglore , India
- Gated larger societies often have challenges to get daily fresh grocery and vegetable items at their doorsteps.
- If large societies need fruits and vegetables in bulk quantity, they need to step out of society to get it.
- Unavailability of fresh fruits and vegetables at a reasonable price
- A limited range of fruits and vegetable availability.
- Using a single device to connect multiple Bluetooth devices without the user’s action.
- Using tablets as a POS system which can track the weight of goods.
- Connecting the POS system with the blue tooth printer to print the invoices.
The client's requirements were feasible, but the challenge was to integrate BLE based hardware on any android tablet, as BLE has several restrictions.
In the initial phase, to understand the client's business, clients' target audience, problem, and challenges the client is facing, We identified the challenge that is involved in delivering the fruits and vegetables in large gated residential society on time. Considering those orders and deliveries we developed a mobile application for the society members, wherein they can book online orders along with their house number which they can get delivered the next day. Some of the residents wanted to buy fresh in the morning, for which the POS solution was developed, so when their delivery van reach to the particular society, they can also sell to the members who have not pre-booked the order using this POS.
Before the actual project started the documentation we collected to ensure we are building the right application were:
- Design documents
- Sample Data/Physical Printed Forms of current manual process
- Printer & Weight scale’s SDK
- Avoid wastage as the nature of fruits and vegetables was perishable
- Estimating demands accurately and avoid product shortage or stock-outs.
- Get visibility on the activities of the delivery person.
- Provide easy ordering platform for the customer to place an order in advance.
- Reducing overheads by applying the system in place.
- Increasing customer base.
- Catering to the entire unorganized fruit/vegetables and packed goods market.
Android Tab Developer
- Onboarding of customers via mobile application.
- View products
- Book order
- Payment process
- MIS reports
- The optimized sales process, like a door to door with POS
- Inventory management
- See actual weight and pay for that
- Android Tab Employee application to reduce theft/mischiefs in deliveries
- Calculate the stock given to employee vs return back
- Theft and control on inventory
- Avoid wastage of perishable items
- Cross-checking orders and returns
- Door to door selling with POS with very tiny gadgets
Key Takeaways and Learnings
Manufacture independent (any android tablet) BLE connection.
Connecting 2 BLE device on demand of requirement without user interaction..
Reduce the inventory
Increment in sales growth by launching the e-commerce platform
- The company achieved a 20% increment in sales growth by launching the e-commerce platform for its products.
- The application helped our client to reduce the inventory by 10%.
- The dramatic change was observed in the amount of wastage due to the efficient calculation of demand.