Emergency Service Booking App - Case Study
iRelief is into the business of online emergency service providing that offers various services like Ambulance, blood bank, and medical services under a sole platform with the mission to integrate with reliable service providers and facilitate robust healthcare services. The company has designed its user-friendly app to evade emergencies and care for one's companion without any hassles.
Brand: iRelief Emergency Medical Services
Core Platform: Android, iOS
Emergency service providers like Ambulance, Patients, Blood banks, Blood Donors, Doctors, Specialists, Physiotherapists, Labs
Across Karnataka, India
- Finding difficulty to avail immediate ambulance service for critical care
- Inability to get trained and well-equipped ambulances
- Hard to find or track when the ambulance will reach the location
- Applying Cab service features for Ambulance Drivers by adhering to the set rules and norms of healthcare.
- Mapping of type of Ambulance with reason/purpose of booking.
- Finding a blood group of donors, to track their last donation.
- Maintaining stock of blood with blood bank which is online/offline.
The client's requirements to channelize the emergency services were highly feasible and need of an hour. After carefully sketching the requirements, designs, and interface, we were successfully able to deliver an app that exceeds the client's expectations.
We undertook the first contact with the concerned staff of the company, which helped us to conceptualize the idea that was backed with research and planning about the client's business. Followed by this analysis, we initiated a comprehensive analysis, designed a concept strategy, and developed a list of specifications to identify and address the challenges faced by the business. The client's mission was to construct an arch between service providers and users, which helped us to develop a platform that was easily accessible by the target audience.
Before the actual project started we collected the following documentation to ensure we are building the right application:
- Design documents
- Sample Data/existing process
- Connection with their existing HR/Employee data for login and roles management
- Improving the communication of patients with emergency service providers.
- Provide users with a convenient and simple way to summon different emergency services
- Enable users to take care of their families by being prepared for the situations they are most likely to encounter in their daily lives.
- Offer the one-stop solution for various emergency services
- Make it accessible and understandable to different audiences in the best possible way.
- Unifying various emergency medical services like ambulances, blood banks, home care, and medicines home delivery under a single platform.
- Helping in increasing the clinical outcomes by empowering the patients to manage their health efficiently.
- Booking Ambulance
- Schedule booking
- Locate Blood doners
- Booking reports
- Blood doners
- Driver Management
- Search Ambulance based on type of criticality
- Tracking ambulance for traffic police to make room for ambulance in crowded zones
- Driver mapping with Ambulance shift wise
- Search and Book Medical staff/services like nurse, therapist
Timeline : 4 Months
- Broadcasts of emergency messages to every registered user
- Real-time location tracking
- A user-friendly app that allows instant calling
- Incorporates a directory of participating doctors and hospitals
- Factual location tracking with the help ofa mapping system that tracks locations based on latitude & longitude.
- Free calling to enhance communication between ambulance drivers, blood bank operators, homecare service providers, and blood donors.
- SOS option that allows sending SMS alerts tosaved contacts.
- Enlists comprehensive details of Integrated hospitals and healthcare facilities
- Highly customized
- Blood donationvolunteering
Key Takeaways and Learnings
We learned how the ambulance is being selected based on purpose/reason along with complying with blood bank operations and regulations.
Patients were treated within 3 month
- The hospital witnessed a 10% increase in its revenue.
- More than 1000 patients were treated within 3 month
- Generated earning source for unemployed drivers
- Created employment for intern and junior doctors