Apple releases Mac OS X 10.6.3 Update
A few hours back, Apple released new update for Mac OS X Snow Leopard users that will bring improvements in OpenGL, QuickTimeX and will fix a number of bugs. This update arrives after almost four months after the Intel Atom support nixing Mac OS X 10.6.2 update. As always, the new Mac OS X 10.6.3 will fix several issues in Snow Leopard to bring more reliability and compatibility. Mac users with Mac OS X 10.6.2 can hit the Software Update and download the Mac OS X 10.6.3 update that has 438.7MB file size. While rest Snow Leopard users can go for Mac OS X 10.6.3 combo update that as 784MB file size.
This new update for Mac OS X Snow Leopard mostly takes care of QuickTimeX, OpenGL and Windows file server issues. Apart from that, Mail, MobileMe and AirPort are the product that get affected with this update. Here’s the list of fixes:
- Improve the reliability and compatibility of QuickTime X
- Address compatibility issues with OpenGL-based applications
- Address an issue that causes background message colors to display incorrectly in Mail
- Resolve an issue that prevented files with the # or & characters in their names from opening in Rosetta applications
- Resolve an issue that prevented files from copying to Windows file servers
- Improve performance of Logic Pro 9 and Main Stage 2 when running in 64-bit mode
- Improve sleep and wake reliability when using Bonjour wake on demand
- Address a color issue in iMovie with HD content
- Improve printing reliability
- Resolve issues with recurring events in iCal when connected to an Exchange server
- Improve the reliability of 3rd party USB input devices
- Fix glowing, stuck, or dark pixels when viewing video from the iMac (Late 2009) built-in iSight camera
Along with this update comes a special Data Collection feature that will collect your Mac’s diagnostic and usage information. That data would be automatically sent to Apple for further analysis. Note that this data would be sent ONLY after the user’s explicit consent. Mainly intended for bettering the quality and experience of the operating system, this data can be used for improving frequently used applications.
For the detailed list of fixes and changes the new Mac OS X 10.6.3 update brings, head over to this knowledge base article at Apple Support site. In case you observe any weird behavior on your operating system after applying the update, let us know in the comment section below.
You may be interested
Benefiting from the Adoption of AI in InsuranceSreenivas T - Dec 10, 2018
Over the latest couple of years, we have notified a constant growth in industries spanning the passage in revealing the…
How Chatbots Help Businesses Improve Customer Service?Sreenivas T - Dec 04, 2018
A satisfied customer indicates a successful business of companies’ growth. Companies have realized the advantages of Chabots as a communication…
AI applications for lending and loan management in Financial IndustrySreenivas T - Nov 29, 2018
“AI applications for lending and loan management Made companies Effective, Smarter & Customer-oriented” Loan Management is the important key division…